Click here for FREE Oxygen Webinar Opportunity
[ VIEW ARCHIVE ] October 30, 2012 Oxygen Software releases an updated version of Oxygen Forensic Suite 2012, the company’s flagship mobile forensic tool, adding forensic support for Apple’s latest iPhone 5, iOS 6 and iTunes 10.7. By adding support for the latest Apple hardware and software, Oxygen covers a quickly growing niche of devices running or upgrading to iOS 6. In addition to new Apple hardware, Oxygen adds support for a several new Android devices, boosting the number of supported phones to over 6000. The addition of DMG image support allows users of phone acquisition tools manufactured by Cellebrite, Elcomsoft, Lantern Lite and other makers to get superior analytics compared to built-in capabilities of many mobile acquisition tools. All registered customers may download the new version immediately from their personal customer area.
Support for Amazon Kindle Fire HD, Samsung Galaxy Note II and 200 more new devices!
Oxygen Forensic Suite 2012 v4.6 adds support for Amazon Kindle Fire HD, HTC One X Plus, Samsung Galaxy Note II and more than 200 other new mobile devices. The total number of supported models is now exceeding 6,000!
iPhone 5, iOS 6 and iTunes 10.7 support
The latest release enables forensic support for Apple iPhone 5, opening the door for forensic experts to investigate crimes committed by the users of latest generation Apple smartphones. In version 4.6 Oxygen Forensic Suite 2012 adds full support for Apple’s latest version of iOS, enabling forensic users to acquire and analyze information from a wide range of devices using the
new operating system. Devices now supporting iOS 6 include iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, 4S and 5, 4th and 5th generation iPod Touch, iPad 2 and The new iPad. Oxygen Forensic Suite 2012 v.4.6. also fully supports iTunes 10.7.
New Applications Support: LinkedIn, Chrome Browser and Dolphin Browser
Oxygen Forensic Suite 2012 has a strong support for user applications. The latest release introduces data carving for the following services and apps:
- Google Chrome Browser
- Dolphin Browser
Experts gain an access to the well prepared view of user data: account details, contact list, messages, chats, browsing history, favorites, cached files, geographical coordinates of various events like the latest point of access and more.
Support for Encrypted and Decrypted DMG Images Made by 3rd Party Products
The added DMG image support allows Oxygen users accessing
encrypted and decrypted DMG images saved by third-party
applications manufactured by Cellebrite, Elcomsoft, Lantern
Lite and other makers of digital forensic tools.
By offering superior analytic support compared to many mobile
acquisition tools, Oxygen Forensic Suite 2012 greatly extends
the functionality and value of those packages, helping forensic
experts investigate complex cases and gang offences.
Oxygen’s signature analytic features such as the Timeline,
Aggregated Contacts and Communication Statistics are
available for all uploaded DMG images, as well as deleted
information and user data from many popular applications.
Key Evidence for Several Devices
Oxygen Forensic Suite 2012 offers forensic specialists an ability
to mark certain items belonging to various data sections as
being essential evidence, then reviewing them all at once
regardless of their original location.
In the new version 4.6 experts receive an important update of
Key Evidence section. Now they can view marked items from
several devices in a single list and analyze without need to
switch between different devices.
Key Evidence helps to create reports that include only important
data. Everything else will stay behind the scene.
WAL files support for SQL Databases in Sections and Viewer
The latest release of Oxygen Forensic Suite 2012 adds the ability
to parse write-ahead logs (WAL files) available in mobile devices.
WAL databases keep temporary cache of information to be
written to major databases of mobile devices. Information
available from parsed WAL files includes contacts, messages and
The added WAL file support opens an opportunity for experts to
gather complete and up-to-date user information from the mobile
devices under analysis.
WAL support is available for SQLite databases and sections data
in Oxygen Forensic Suite 2012.
LIST OF NEW FEATURES:
- Added support for the following Android OS devices: Acer Liquid Gallant E350, HTC One X Plus, LG E970 Optimus G, Motorola RAZR M 201M, Samsung GT-N7100 Galaxy Note II, Sony Mobile Xperia LT25i, ZTE Nova V6500, and others.
- Added preliminary support for Apple iPhone 5.
- The total number of supported devices exceeded 6000.
- Added support for iOS 6.
- Added support for iTunes 10.7.
- Device Extraction Wizard. Added support for DMG images made with Cellebrite, Elcomsoft and Lantern Lite software.
- SQLite Viewer. Added support for WAL (Write-ahead log) database files.
- General. WAL databases are now used for parsing sections data from iOS devices.
- Export. Added bookmarks to PDF reports.
- Export. Added the Report Settings button to all program sections. The new function allows customizing data reports.
- Key Evidence. Added the ability to view Key Evidence items for several devices.
- Applications. Added LinkedIn support for iOS and Android OS devices. Available in the Analyst edition.
- Applications. Added support for Google Chrome Web browser for iOS and Android OS devices. Available in the Analyst edition.
- Applications. Added support for Dolphin Web browser for iOS devices. Available in the Analyst edition.
- Connection. Added the detection of Chinese Android OS devices. Now they are recognized as MTK chip-based Android devices.
- General. Added the ability to copy data from sidebar to clipboard.
- Device Information. Added device user’s photos to the Devices list.
- Phonebook. A Facebook icon is now displayed for Facebook contacts integrated in iOS6 devices phonebook.
- Search. The number of found entries is now displayed.
- Search. Added highlighting of search results for selected devices.
- Search. Accelerated file opening in Viewers from Details panel.
- Search. Minor interface improvements.
- General. Unified link colors for all links within the program.
- Key Evidence. Improved support for Key Evidence notes in all sections.
- Applications. Improved support for multiple applications for iOS and Android OS devices including Google +, Dropbox, Instagram, Facebook, Mobile Spy, Twitter, etc.
- Desktop. Fixed a problem with deleting devices from the device tree